Thirumanancheri Temple History, Timings and Pooja details. Sri Kalyana Sundareswarar Temple.
Thirumanancheri Temple History
Goddess Parvati once expressed her interest in getting married in the Earth. While playing dice, they both had an argument which led Goddess Parvati to descend to the Earth and took the form of a cow and stayed at Komal. Knowing this Lord Vishnu, took the form a cowherd for his sister. From the holy fire of Rishi Bharata Muni, Parvati relieved from the curse at 'Thiruvaaduthurai'and assumed her original form in 'Kuthaalam'. Siva married Parvati at Thirumanancheri. Lord Siva is called by Sonavaararivaar for retain his promise to the Goddess.
Later Siva explained the reason behind Parvati's stay in the Earth. Parvati took the bath in the river Cauvery and started living at Sage Bharata Muni Ashram as his daughter. Bharata Muni approached Siva to marry Parvati and his wish is granted.
This temple was built by the Queen Sembiyanmadevi from Chola Dynasty. Devotees can offers prayers anytime as 'Raghu Kalam', Emagandam, Ashtami and Navami thithis is not applicable at this temple.
Thirumanancheri Temple Pooja for Marriage delaying problem
Required pooja materials
Garlands - 2 , Coconut - 2, Turmeric, Kumkum, Camphor, Ghee, Sandal Powder, Betel leaf, Betel Nut, Lemon and Bananas.
- On entering temple, please offer Pranam towards the Kodi maram and then for Sri Selva Ganapathy.
- Lit 5 Ghee deepam at Ghee deepa mantap and sit for a while at Marriage Prarthana Mantap.
- Temple priest will be collecting all Pooja Samagri from you.
- Offer prayers for Sri Kalyana Sundareswar and Goddess.
- At the end of the Pooja, you will be offered with Prasadam.
- Please have the lemon juice which priest offered to you.
- Take head bath after reaching home and drink lemon juice without adding sugar (or) salt.
- Safe guard the garland in the Pooja room which you got it from the priest.
- Post marriage, please visit this temple with your spouse and offer the garland to the temple.
Thirumanancheri Temple Timings
Morining Hours: 6:30 am - 1:30 pm
Evening Hours: 3:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Astottaram and Sahasra Namarchana will be performed daily from 6:30 am - 8:30 pm
Thirumanancheri Temple Special Poojas
- Devotees used to offer milk payasam to Mangala Raghu for Putra Bhagyam on every No moon day (i.e amavasya )
- Thiru Kalyanam will be performed during Chithirai.
- Special Abhishekam will be performed on every 1st day of the Tamil month and during Pradosham timings.
- Special Abhishekam along with Umamaheswara Homam will be perfrormed for Kalyana Sundara on Sankatahara Chaturthi and Poosa Nakshatra days.
How to reach Thirumanancheri Temple?
- The nearest airport is at Tiruchirapalli which is 113 km away.
- Kumbakonam is well connected with all parts of Tamil Nadu. Temple is 29 km away from Railway station.
- From Chennai and Pondhicherry, Bus goes via Cuddalore –> Chidambaram -> Mayiladuthurai –> Kuttalam -> Thirumanancheri.
- Direct Buses to Thirumanancheri are available from Kuttalam and Mayiladuthurai.
- Mini Buses are available from Kuttalam to Thirumanancheri.
Thirumanancheri Temple Gallery
Reference Link: History