Chunchi Falls Kanakapura
Chunchi Falls Kanakapura, Best Time to visit, Food and Route map
Distance from Bengaluru: 83 km
Journey Time to the falls: 2 hours 30 mins.
Entry Timings: 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
Route map to Chunchi Falls
- Bengaluru to Kanakapura.
- Continue on Kanakapura - Sangam Road for another 15 km, where arch can be seen on the left side.
- From the arch, it is 5 km drive inside.
- 1 km easy trekking to the falls.
It falls on the way to Sangama and Mekedatu. It is the rivulet of River Arakavati which joins Cauvery at Sangama. Water flow through the rocky hills with mesmerising beauty.
Accommodation and Food
There is no decent accommodation near to the falls. Small Village is 3 km from the falls. It is advised to carry own food as there are no stalls near the falls. Accommodation is not available at Village as well.
Best Time to Visit:
Flow will be high during Rainy season ie. Oct, Nov and Dec month. Almost dry during Summer Season. Minimal flow during Summer little trekking required reaching falls. It is not advisable to go near the falls.
Other places near Chunchi Falls
- Sangama which is 12.5 km away. Sangama is the merging point of River Arkavati with Kaveri.
- Mekedatu is 4 km from Sangama. It falls on the other side of the river and can be reached by Theppa.
- Fish Camp is another interesting nearby
How to reach Chunchi Falls?
- The nearest airport is at Bengaluru which is 124 km away.
- The nearest railway station is at Kanakapura.
- There is no direct bus to this falls. It is advisable to plan by own vehicle. Visitors reach this by Four wheeler and Two Wheelers. Parking available at the falls entrance.
Chunchi Falls Images
Reference Link: Falls